Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dreams


My hopes my dreams, which i have had since i was five..
even today seem so much alive...
yet so far, like stars in the night....
in my heart, they burn so bright...

they make me happy, yet hurt me at times...
sounding loud, sometimes like wind chimes...
take me up, they take me down....
put a smile on my face, then make me frown...

i wake up each morning, hoping for them to come true...
i then realize i am in a queue....
long and entwining it is....i may have to wait...
the path to dreams is never straight....

i make a wish, each passing day....
i look up to god, join my hands and pray...
i ask him the cause of all this pain...
i tell him if i wait too long, i may go insane

he looks down at me, and smiles...
tells me not give up, says i have to go miles....
before i reach where i want to go...
the journey may be tiring and sometimes slow...

tells me to enjoy the journey till it lasts..
before this present too, turns into past..
don't look too far ahead, don't you get lost....
this moment is what should matter the most...

he says i am not alone, there are others too....
since ages who have waited for the sky to turn blue...
mine are wants but they are in need..
for now he must listen to what they plead...

the path to dreams is never straight i said, but someday it has to end...
this is all that i need to comprehend....
for dreams are always meant to come true...
if you just be strong enough, through and through,,

No comments:

Post a Comment